Bamboo is all the rage right now, especially in the clothing industry. So, why all the excitement? You may have heard that it’s super soft, and has been compared to cashmere and silk. But there’s so much more that makes it so amazing. We’ve done our research and thought you might like to know why we’ve added bamboo to our selection of fine fabrics.
Why we love it:
- So Soft: This is the first test we put materials through at One Small Child. Our baby clothes have to be soft! Bamboo passes with flying colors. The fiber structure is smooth and round, making it perfect for sensitive skin.
- Durability: Studies have found bamboo fabric to be much more resilient and durable than cotton and polyester.
- A Natural Fabric: Bamboo is a natural fabric, refined, from the plant itself. This means it offers many fringe benefits that synthetic fabrics can’t. Many of those benefits are listed below.
Why babies love it:
- Stretchy: Bamboo has a high breaking tenacity, so it’s super stretchy. This means it has a long-lasting fit and is super comfy.
- Moisture Control: Studies found that bamboo fabric wicks and absorbs moisture 3-4 times faster than cotton, so baby’s skin stays dry.
- Thermal Regulating: It’s important to keep new babies at just the right temperature. Bamboo clothing helps keep little ones cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- Breathable: We can all agree that a breathable fabric keeps us much more comfortable throughout the day.
- Anti-Static/Anti-Cling: This means no painful static shocks to tender skin. Definitely a plus when dressing infants.
Why mommies love it:
- UV Protection: Moms know how important it is to protect their newborn’s delicate skin from harmful sun rays. Bamboo fabric offers protection from UV rays.
- Anti-Fungal/Anti-Bacterial: Due to its natural properties, the growth of fungus and bacteria on bamboo fibers is minimal. Everyone’s happy when baby is healthy!
- Easy to Launder: Bamboo material is naturally wrinkle-resistant and is machine washable. Talk about easy care!